One thing we did when we started Nashville Buy Local is give much love to the new kids doing their thing in Nashville. Well, that was a mistake because there are some strong landmarks that we need to shower with love. Rotier’s Restaurant is one of those. Again, we’d rather they tell their story so:
Rotier’s has been serving cold beer, burgers, and handmade milkshakes since 1945. John and Evelyn Rotier started the restaurant after WWII, the building was originally a carriage house for the Elliston Mansion. Rotier’s started as a beer joint with cheeseburgers and pinball machines, and later evolved into a full scale restaurant soon after gambling became illegal in Tennessee. The meat and three menu came along, or “meat and vegetables” if you are not from Tennessee, so patrons could choose from several different home cooked meals. John and Evelyn had three children: John, Margaret, and Charlie Rotier, who all worked in the restaurant.
We have been a Nashville landmark for many years and continue on with third generation family members to this day. The Cheeseburger on French Bread is Rotier’s claim to fame, winning many local and national awards from USA Today and Food Network Magazine.
We always need to make sure we are supporting our local diners. They are the backbone to the community. See what’s on the Rotier’s menu and see which is best for your lunch or dinner today:
- ROTIERS POUTINE French fries smothered with cheddar cheese and brown gravy.
- SHRIMP BASKET Served with cocktail sauce.
- HOT CHICKEN FINGERS In buffalo sauce with house made ranch or blue cheese.
- SPICY BEER BATTERED PICKLE SPEARS* Served with house remoulade.
- FRIED ZUCCHINI Served with horseradish sauce.
- BEER BATTERED CHEESE STICKS Served with marinara sauce.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE POPPERS Peppers filled with cream and cheddar cheese.
- HAND BATTERED ONION RINGS*
- HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS Served with fresh ranch dressing.
SOUPS & SALADS
- CHILI A big bowl of chili smothered with melted cheddar cheese and onions and served with grilled French bread.
- SOUP OF THE DAY Served with a piece of our famous grilled French bread. Ask your server for today’s selection.
- LETTUCE & TOMATO Just what it says, with choice of dressing. Crisp iceberg wedge with tomato.
- GRILLED CHICKEN TERIYAKIFreshly grilled chicken over mixed greens with shredded cheddar, tomato, and fresh veggies.
- TACO SALAD Tortilla chips, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa and chili.
- CHEF SALAD *Lettuce, tomato, celery, carrot, bacon, turkey, ham, hard boiled egg, American, Swiss and Cheddar cheese.
- HAND BATTERED CHICKEN GIZZARDS
- HAND BATTERED CHICKEN TENDERS Served with honey mustard.
- HAND BATTERED CHICKEN LIVERS
- TERIYAKI CHICKEN Two marinated chicken breasts.
- 12 OZ HAMBURGER STEAK
- 9 OZ POOR BOY STEAK *Nine oz. of our fresh ground beef wrapped in bacon and cooked to perfection.
- FRIED FISH PLATTER Hand battered cod fish.
- FRIED SHRIMP
- SPAGHETTI Served with grilled spaghetti bread.With Meat SauceWith Marinara
- CLASSIC REUBEN Choice of corned beef or turkey breast piled high on seedless rye bread between swiss, sauerkraut, and our made from scratch Thousand Island dressing.
- FISH SANDWICH White codfish, hand battered on toasted French bread with lettuce, tomato, and tartar sauce.
- CLUB SANDWICH The classic, on toasted white bread, loaded with ham, turkey, bacon, American cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- STEAK SANDWICH 7 oz ribeye on toasted French bread with lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
- SMOKED HOUSE BLACK LABEL BACON AND ROTIER’S FAMOUS PIMENTO CHEESE *On grilled sourdough bread, with lettuce and tomato.
- PULLED PORK BBQ SANDWICH Made with locally smoked pulled pork BBQ served on a bun.
- TERIYAKI CHICKEN SANDWICH Chicken breast marinated in a tangy teriyaki sauce, grilled to perfection and served on a bun.
- OPEN FACE HOT ROAST BEEF Piles of hot beef on white bread, with a double order of mashed potatoes, and all covered in delicious brown gravy.
- FRIED BOLOGNA Because we can! On grilled white bread, with American cheese and mustard, or mayo.
- BLT The classic with mayo and vine ripe tomatoes on toasted thick white bread.
- WEINER BURGER 1/4 pound grilled hot dog served on white bun with cheese
- LOCAL COUNTRY HAM SANDWICH Served with mayo, lettuce and tomato on bun on sourdough bread.
- GRILLED CHEESE ON SOURDOUGH With triple cheese and side of kosher pickle chips.add bacon
- GRILLED CHEESEBURGER Choice of white, wheat, or rye grilled bread.All burgers come standard with mustard, pickle, lettuce, and tomato unless you change it up, which you can!Mayo and raw onion upon request.Cheese: American, Swiss, Pepper Jack, or CheddarAdd Black Label Bacon $1.49 Add Grilled Onions, Jalapeños, Fried Egg, or Pimento Cheese $.75
- CHEESEBURGER Our signature fresh ground beef burger with cheese melted on a locally made bun.All burgers come standard with mustard, pickle, lettuce, and tomato unless you change it up, which you can!Mayo and raw onion upon request.Cheese: American, Swiss, Pepper Jack, or CheddarAdd Black Label Bacon $1.49Add Grilled Onions, Jalapeños, Fried Egg, or Pimento Cheese $.75
- ROTIER’S SIGNATURE FRENCH BREAD BURGER *Our signature fresh ground beef burger, with cheese melted on toasted French bread. It’s what put us on the map!
- SWEET POTATO FRIES
- HASHBROWN CASSEROLE
- HASHBROWN CASSEROLE
- FRENCH FRIES with a sandwich or burger
- ONION RINGS with a sandwich or burger
- HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS
- SOFT DRINKS Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale, Root Beer, 8 oz Glass Bottled Coke, 12 oz Glass Bottled Mexican Coke,
- OTHER BEVERAGES Coffee, Iced Tea, Lemonade, Milk, Chocolate Milk, Buttermilk, Orange Juice, Bottled Water
- BEER Budweiser, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Amstel Light, Killians, Sam Adams, Yuengling, Stella Artois, Red Stripe, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Corona, Moosehead, Shiner Bock, Anchor Steam, Pilsner Urquel, Coors, Miller High Life, PBR, Heinekin, Pacifico, Tecate, Bass Ale, Blue Moon, Red HookNASHVILLE BREWSYazoo Pale Ale, Yazoo Hop Perfect IPA, Yazoo Dos Perros, Yazoo Gerst Amber Ale, Hap & Harry’s Tennessee Lager 16 oz
- CIDERS Woodchuck, Stella Artois CiderTENNESSEE CIDERGypsy Circus Queen of Swords (Sweet Vintage Cider), Gypsy Circus Raindancer (Dry Dark Cider)
All of the salad dressings are made fresh. Choice of blue cheese, honey mustard, ranch, balsamic vinaigrette, oil & vinegar, or italian.
All dinners served with french fries (except spaghetti), house salad with choice of dressing, and hot rolls.
All sandwiches served with homemade potato chips. Add fries for $1.99 or scratch made onion rings for only $2.49.
All burgers are served with homemade chips. Add fries for $1.99 or hand battered onion rings for $2.49.